Saturday, July 05, 2008

Hobby Update

4 Colours *NEW HOBBY*
Just learnt how to play the traditional chinese game 'Si Sek' or 4 Colours. Ever since I have been watching them play daily around my house I have wanted to learn it. Finally thanks to my aunt from Canada, I managed to learn it. It's quite an interesting game played with chinese chess character pieces of 4 different colours. So it kinda ties in with my current chinese chess hobby thing. Pretty complex strategies but definitely worth learning because of the depth of play. I actually bought the tile set (S$70) or if you want you can buy the traditional card set (S$2) - was surprised that there are shops still supporting this old game. If anyone wants to learn, just let me know and I'll be glad to teach.

Diving Update
Will be going to Tioman for a special UW photography dive trip. Really small group with all experts - I'll be going there primarily to learn. Seems like the resort owner himself is joining us so it should be fun. Will only be bringing my original S1IS camera as I don't want to invest in the housing for the G9 at this point of time. As for the rest of the diving equipment, my friend is giving me a pointer YAY!

Chinese Chess Update

Have been persisting in playing it even though I have been losing like crazy. Currently my win/loss ratio is W59L130. Was actually feeling quite demoralized till I played some games in the office and completely trashed everyone there, heh.

No comments: