Monday, May 04, 2009

Infrastructure Upgrade

This long weekend was very fruitful. Did quite a lot of 'geeky updates':

Ultimate Broadband:
Finally bit the bullet and upgraded my setup to 100MBPS. Had to upgrade my notebook wireless to 802.11N to get the super fast speeds as well. Realized my room PC needs a new Ethernet card too as it can only get half the speed. No upgrades required with the PS3. Took a lot more configuring than expected (almost the whole weekend). Needed to get a new modem too to handle the speed.



Hubstation
Don't know why i have never done it before but i finally upgraded my set top box to the hubstation one...had lots of fun immediately fast forwarding past commercials etc. May even get one more for my room.



Universal Remote
Finally bought the Logitech Harmony 525 controller. Initially wanted it but it cost too much. Now the price was slashed into half so went to get it. Didn't realize it was so powerful and needed so much effort to set up. In fact im not even properly set up yet. Very high learning curve but fun.



Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2
Very fun game, much bigger and better than i imagined when i bought it. Was actually going to get my new madcatz controller this weekend but coz of this game, i think i can take my time.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

no news of uni yet? =)

Daniel said...

okok :)