Sunday, August 19, 2012

New Stuff 2012 Part 1

Been almost a year since I updated my record of new stuff i bought. This will be long:

 1. Custom Awesome Gaming PC: Got this for my bday. SSD HDD, more ram than I'll ever use and a super powerful graphic card. Primary purpose was to play BF3 with it.


2. Asics Nimbus 12: From my running days (which i hope to rekindle really soon!), super cushioned and very fitted just for my feet. Spent an hour at running lab treadmills to ascertain my best shoe.


3. iPad 3: Got this for work and it has been serving me really well. It is really a super improvement over the iPad 1. So absolutely no regrets getting it. May want to change the case up a bit though. Has been sidelined due to my latest acquisition (the ultrabook).


4. Garmin Forerunner 610: Top end running touchscreen watch that can track heart rate, map out running route, speed etc. Part of my running hobby legacy.Too bad it has me as an owner who can't really max out its potential...yet.


5. Cote and Ciel Messenger Bag: I recently found (and fell in love) with this brand. It has fantastic material, excellent usability, unique colour and design and feels great. Best of all, its very unassuming. 


6. Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A (I7): My latest buy after almost a year of procrastinating. Takes the place of my outdated netbook and also will be used to help me do more high level presentations for my work. Was a very close fight with the Mac Book Air. Still currently trying to see where it fits in my life.

7. Withings Wifi Scale: A VERY good buy. Calculates weight, body fat percentage and BMI through electrodes. Then wirelessly sends it to a website which links to a mobile app. You can view your stats anywhere. Can detect several different people just by these figures. When the weights are too similar, it has a user interface on the scale itself to select which profile to use. Seriously underrated product!


8. Lala the Rabbit Bookend by Zuny: A strange entry but I've never paid so much for a book end! Comes from a line of beautiful leather animals. Bought mainly for my daughter. Superior workmanship (handmade) and design. Its a work of art.





No comments: