Sunday, April 29, 2007

My New Shrimp Tank

Ok so i moved away from big pinchy lobsters and now im keeping shrimps. I think a good thing abt shrimps is that u dun get so emotionally attached to one so if/when they die, you don't feel so bad. Main BAD point about shrimps are that they are so expensive! I'm trying to grow plants/moss inside the tank too coz i heard they love them. Never ever in my life did i see myself growing plants....well just goes to show u never really know...just like how i never saw myself being a businessman.













Setup
- 2 ft x 1ft tank
- Jebo 825 Cannister (1st tray: Ceramic Rings, 2nd tray: Biohome, Jap Mat, 3rd tray: cotton wool)
- Redsun CL200 Chiller (currently set at 24 C)
- CO2 Cannister (currently set at 1 bubble per 4 secs)
- CO2 diffuser
- Normal inert black gravel substrate
- 2ft 36W eBallast PL light (currently on for 12 hours a day)

Life Forms
- 15 Crystal Red Shrimps (C grade and lower)
- Misc Snails
- 1 lone surviving Malayan shrimp
- Frog spawn
- Spikey Moss
- Taiwan Moss

Here are some pics for u to enjoy:

My 1st Crystal Red Shrimp (CRS)












My 1st Cherry Red Shrimp












All the CRS have been successfully transferred over to the tank already. now i just hope everything is ok and they'll live happily :) I even went to buy another 6 cherry reds to add to the collection.



No comments: